By Piece of Game May, 2018
'Piece of Game' platform and its affiliated companies (collectively as 'Piece of Game', 'we', 'our') is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the 'Piece of Game' Web sites and governs data collection and usage. By using the 'Piece of Game' websites or any of our services, you consent to the data practices described in this statement, which is incorporated by reference into our Terms of Service available at Terms of Service.
The Piece of Game platform enables people around the world to learn about past or upcoming fitness events, participate in activities they are passionate about and share their experiences. It provides at the same time streamlining and advanced tools for Organizers to model, plan, orchestrate and facilitate athletic and fitness events.
Collection of your Personal Information
'Piece of Game' membership requires the following personally identifiable information to be collected (Account Information):
- Your email address
- Your name
- Your picture, if you choose to provide one
Account information is collected once you create an account in 'Piece of Game' web site (User registration). It may be updated whenever you decide to sign-in to 'Piece of Game' web site.
In case of members that participate in a Competition event 'Piece of Game' collects the following personally identifiable information per competition (Athletics Data):
- Your contact email (this may be different from the email address referred to in the 'Account Information' section)
- Your name
- Your gender
- Your city town or country, should you choose to provide one
- Your date of birth
- Your affiliate club that you are a member of, should you choos to provide one
- Performance information (scores) regarding the workouts of the competition Event
The collection and processing of this kind of data is necessary for 'Piece of Game' to provide all the required services that should be available to competition Organizers and athletes as explained in the next section 'Use of your Personal Information'.
All Athletics Data (except for scores) are collected when you are registering to a competition event or when someone else registers you on your behalf (for example when you participate in a Team event or when a fellow athlete buys a registration ticket on your behalf). Athletic Data are specific to the competition and the competition Organizer and are not shared among different competition Organizers.
Anonymous demographic information
We may provide you with the opportunity to connect via Third party services (for example Facebook), through our Websites. If we do so we will require your permission and you will be asked to provide consent for every piece of information and/or applicable action.
'Piece of Game' encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from 'Piece of Game' so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. 'Piece of Game' is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the 'Piece of Game' web site and 'Piece of Game' family of Web sites.
Use of your Personal Information
Account information Usage
'Piece of Game' collects and uses your personal information to operate the 'Piece of Game' Web site and web site families and deliver the services you have requested (e.g. administer Event, post Results, participate in Events, view Leaderboards).
We use your account information email to uniquely identify you as a user, to be able to authenticate and authorize your actions, to save your preferences and consents and provide a personalized experience.
We use your name and profile picture to provide a better user experience to you when you are using 'Piece of Game' web site and our services.
'Piece of Game' also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from 'Piece of Game' and its affiliates, if you specifically consent to that.
Athletics Data Usage
We use your 'Athletics Data' to support competition event operations and to provide meaningful results of the competition events.
- We use your contact email to provide a communication channel between you and the competition provider. The purpose of this communication channel is to notify you about competition details (e.g. invitation details, important scheduling information, urgent changes etc). In those cases, your contact details (e-mail, name) may be transferred to the competition provider. If you register to a competition Event using 'Piece of game' your consent will be specifically asked during event registration. If another user registers you to a competition Event using 'Piece of Game' on your behalf you will be notified.
- We use your name to publish it as part of the results of the Competition Event
- We may use your age to cross check that you are registering to a compatible athlete division as certain divisions have age constraints. We do not publish your exact age. We publish your age range (category) as part of the results of the competition event.
- We may use your gender to cross-check that you are registering to a compatible athlete division as divisions have gender constraints. We publish your gender as part of the results of the competition event.
- We publish your city/town or country as part of the results of the competition event.
- We publish your affiliate club membership as part of the results of the competition event.
- We publish your performance information (scores) as part of the results of the competition event.
Anonymous demographic information
Legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data will typically be because:
- We asked you and you provided your consent
- We are required to process your data for our contractual relationship
- It is necessary to process your data to comply with our legal obligations
- To provide a meaningful service to you (Event planning and organising and registrations platform)
We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with third parties:
- Law enforcement: We may disclose the information we collect from you in response to legal process to comply with the law or to protect 'Piece of Game' or affiliates or Partners.
- Third Party Applications: 'Piece of Game' websites may contain several third party widgets (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google buttons) that provide sharing functionality (for example sharing in a social network). Whenever you use some of those applications you may transmit personally identifiable information to those parties. That information is governed by that third party's policies and not by this Policy.
The 'Piece of Game' Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize 'Piece of Game' pages, or register with 'Piece of Game' site or services, a cookie helps 'Piece of Game' to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same 'Piece of Game' Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the 'Piece of Game' features that you customized. Additionally as aforementioned the 'Piece of Game' website uses Google Analytics service, that uses "cookies" to collect anonymous demographic information. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the 'Piece of Game' services or Web sites you visit. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see AllAboutCookies.org.
Security of your Personal Information
'Piece of Game' secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. 'Piece of Game' secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal sensitive information (such as a password or other sensitive data) is transmitted to 'Piece of Game' or other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, as a 'Piece of Game' user you are solely responsible for not sharing your 'Piece of Game' credentials (such as your password) or the account details of connected third party accounts (such as facebook, google, thextreme.me) and keep it safe for your own usage.
Modifying your Personal Information
If your personal information changes you may correct, update it within your account settings or by contacting 'Piece of Game'. If you no longer desire our service, you may remove or ask to have your account removed by contacting 'Piece of Game' via one of the methods listed in this Policy. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Please note that you may not be able to remove your personal information from archived event pages that we no longer maintain, such as your name and results from a past Event. In the event we are unable to complete your access request, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Keep in mind that if your information has been shared with a third party, as described in previous sections then that third party has received their own copy of your data. If you have been contacted by one of these third parties, and wish to correct or delete your information, please contact them directly.
Protection of children’s information
Piece of Game is committed to protecting the privacy of children. This and all of our websites are general audience sites and not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13, nor do we send them requests for personal information, unless we first obtain permission from that child's parent or legal guardian.
Given that permission we collect the following information:
- Parent's or legal guardian's email
- Date of Birth
- Contact information (provided by parent or guardian)
- Photo (provided by parent or guardian)
We use that information only for the purpose of fulfilling your requests, and providing the services you require:
- Facilitate the Event
- Get notified about Event schedule and information
- Provide Leaderboard and activity results
- Improve our services
Piece of Game will retain the collected information for as long as your or your Child’s account is active, as needed to provide our Services. You may remove your account information or ask to be removed by contacting us.
In any case keep in mind that your or your Child’s information may be required to be retained for an additional period as is permitted or required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements (for example to the end of an Event).
Changes to this Statement
'Piece of Game' will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. 'Piece of Game' encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how 'Piece of Game' is protecting your information.
Piece of Game regularly reviews its practices regarding personally identifiable information and this Policy.We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that 'Piece of Game' has not adhered to this Statement, please contact 'Piece of Game' at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Piece of Game - regarding Privacy
Greece, Attiki, Athens, Feidiou 18, PC: 10678